Dunkerton is a small village and civil parish 4 miles (6.4 km) north east of Radstock, and 5 miles (8.0 km) south west of Bath, in the Bath and North East Somerset unitary authority, Somerset, England. The parish has a population of approxiamately 502.
In the 18th and 19th century Dunkerton was surrounded by several coal mines on the Somerset coalfield. Evidence remains in the powderhouse, which dates from 1870 and is a Grade II listed building. The mine was the site of riots in 1908–09 about the working conditions in the Dunkerton Pit.
Dunkerton Parish Hall is situated in the heart of the village, on the Hollow.It is sign posted from the A367 and is easy to find. The hall was originally designed and built in xxxxx as the local school.